About This Website
Welcome to the Durham Public Schools’ website where parents learn more about the social and emotional issues that impact our kids’ lives and our community.
Durham Public Schools and Connect with Kids have partnered to provide our entire school community with online access to compelling video and print resources focused on today’s most challenging topics. Please explore this site to learn more about the following issues that are so important to your student’s success:
- Attendance and Achievement
- Bullying and Violence Prevention
- Character and Life Skills Development
- College and Career Readiness
- Culturally Responsive Education
- Digital Citizenship
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention
- Health and Wellness
Watch hundreds of video on this site featuring the real stories of students and families dealing with these topics. You will also see interviews with parents, educators, and national experts who provide support and guidance on these issues. The site also includes the following:
- Parenting Videos in English and Spanish with supporting print resources.
- News to Use newsletter with the latest information
- Additional Links and Resources that can provide support in your local community.
Check out our FAQ’s for more information or please contact DPS Family Academy at 919.560.3816 or 919.287.4194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.